A car is no longer “just” a car. To meet the future demands for safe, sustainable, and efficient mobility, the demand for smart, sharable, and software-loaded cars is accelerating fast. That’s why we are here, to lead and accelerate the digital transformation in the automotive industry and in the next few years to infuse over 100 million cars with value-adding digital services!
Join our ride and get in the driver’s seat to realize this together with customers like Subaru, Volkswagen, Volvo, and Jaguar Land Rover! You will be a part of a great team where you develop and operate digital services for our customers and make a difference for future mobility
We are looking for a Software Java Engineer to join our team in the Detroit Metropolitan Area. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the latest cloud technologies and experience applying them to deliver solutions for the end customers. Software Java Engineers will contribute to all the phases of SW lifecycle, including design, development, deployment, testing, maintenance, and continuous improvement.
- Perform feasibility and impact analysis of customer requirements
- Identify applicable security and privacy requirements
- Specify low level requirements if needed
- Provide design compatible with the existing system, easy to maintain and support
- Decide which technologies to use based on program specific and company guidelines
- Consider and minimize the lifetime cost of the design
- Implement and Maintain
- Develop and deploy SW which meets the requirements by the scheduled deadline
- Write “clean code” that follows coding conventions and guidelines, is simple, easy for others to read, test and maintain
- Refactor code when needed and reduce technical debt
- Fix software bugs
- Follow DevOps practices, including implementation metrics, monitoring, and alarms
- Run-time operations support of the software services, may include being part of a team that provides 24x7 on-call support (depending on criticality of the service and occurring incidents). Typically on call responsibilities include a seven day assignment approximately every fifth to seventh week.
- Run tests to ensure that the SW functions as per defined requirements
- Make sure the code is tested on all relevant levels, e.g., unit, integration, functional, system
- Ensure test coverage according to the quality requirement of the customer program
- Support end-to-end integration and test activities of the customer or WirelessCar
- Document the SW code on a level that is easy to maintain but explains its purpose
- Develop SW design documentation, e.g., sequence diagrams, architectural decisions, API descriptions, runbooks
- Support Service Reliability Engineers in investigation and resolution of issues impacting services in production
- Contribute to Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-up meetings, PI planning and retrospectives
- Maintain consistency of the SW throughout its lifecycle in all applicable cloud zones and accounts
- Staying up to date with WirelessCar specific guidelines communicated on conferences, communication tools, company events
- Strictly follow WirelessCar security directives
- Propose changes that make the system more efficient and reduces operation or maintenance cost
- Ensure compliance with applicable IT and business processes, methods, and tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
To join our journey
WirelessCar is always on the move, often into uncharted land. We are curious, believe in collaboration and are always open to new ideas on how we can make a difference. When you join our journey, you will be part of a great crew of highly competent and warmhearted people from all over the world. You will get the freedom to lead your own work and inspire others, to move into new technologies, to move in the organization and to work flexibly. Both internally and externally empowering smart, sustainable movement is our quest on our way to the destination.
Who are you?
- You are open-minded, flexible and thrive under challenging and changing conditions.
- As person you are a curious, innovative and analytical problem solver.
- You enjoy teamwork and have an inclusive approach to your work.
- You deliver high quality code and feel great ownership of the code you produce.
- You are willing to support the complete lifecycle of the code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent work-relevant experience.
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience
- Working experience in Agile development processes
- Experience in the automotive industry and automotive connectivity
- Previous experience with large-scale solutions built on AWS
- Previous experience working with/for a large, complex, global organization
- Skilled in Java 8 or later versions
- Professional experience using AWS services (or similar services from other cloud providers), e.g.:
- AWS Lambda
- API Gateway
- Knowledge of cloud microservices architecture patterns
- Experience implementing RESTful services or Web services
- Valuable additional competences: Git, Continuous Integration, OpenAPI/Swagger, NoSQL, Docker, Maven, DevOps, Test Driven Development, Linux, Python
- Fluency in English language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to listen and understand, and to convey information in a way appropriate for the audience
- Team player. Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues and customers
- Ability to successfully perform the job duties in an open and enthusiastic atmosphere where human diversity, mutual respect and the highest professional standards are essential components
- Ability and willingness to work during U.S. EST.
WirelessCar prefers candidates in one of our three U.S. locations: Southfield, Michigan, Greensboro, North Carolina, Allentown, Pennsylvania. However, for well-qualified candidates, we are open to remote assignments if candidate is willing to travel periodically.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and better deliveries to our customers. We work in an open and enthusiastic atmosphere where human diversity, mutual respect, and the highest professional standards are essential components.
WirelessCar is a company where differences are respected, appreciated, and seen as an asset. Furthermore, WirelessCar is committed to every employee’s right to be treated with courtesy, dignity, and respect and to work in an environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.